The following information provided by The Complete Pitcher is designed to maximize your pitching skills throughout the pitching delivery of the full wind-up.
4 aspects of pitching success at any level of play
- In and out, up and down
- Curveballs, changeups, sliders, and fastballs that sink, cut, or dart.
- Changing speeds
- 8-12 miles off fast ball on a curve ball
- 7-10 miles on a slider
- 4-7 miles an hour on a cutter
- 12-15 miles an hour on a change up
- The less reaction time a hitter has at the plate, the more effective a pitcher will be on the mound. It is much more difficult for a hitter to adjust to different pitches if he has a shorter reaction time caused by the velocity of a pitch.
What do you think?
Now it's time to hear from you:
Are there any additional tips that I missed?
Or maybe you have an idea of how I can make this article even better.
Either way, leave a comment and let me know.