By Steven Ellis former Chicago Cubs pitching pro
The following information provided by The Complete Pitcher is designed to maximize your pitching skills throughout the pitching delivery of the full wind-up.
4 aspects of pitching success at any level of play
- In and out, up and down
- Curveballs, changeups, sliders, and fastballs that sink, cut, or dart.
- Changing speeds
- 8-12 miles off fast ball on a curve ball
- 7-10 miles on a slider
- 4-7 miles an hour on a cutter
- 12-15 miles an hour on a change up
- The less reaction time a hitter has at the plate, the more effective a pitcher will be on the mound. It is much more difficult for a hitter to adjust to different pitches if he has a shorter reaction time caused by the velocity of a pitch.
Related Pitching Materials
Want to learn more about youth baseball pitching? Arm yourself with the most innovative and up-to-date baseball pitching training available. These related pitching materials from former Chicago Cubs pitching pro Steven Ellis are guaranteed to help you or the players you coach pitch better and reach the next level faster!