Pitching Mental Preparation
By Steven Ellis former Chicago Cubs pitching pro
POSITIVE THOUGHTS OF A TOP PITCHER:
1. I am not intimidated by any hitter.
2. I am determined to dominate this hitter, this game.
3. I will throw each pitch to the very best of my ability.
4. I am going to keep the batter off guard by throwing her what she least expects.
5. The batter doesn’t have a chance to drive the ball off me.
6. If a batter beats me once, she will not get the same chance again.
7. I will learn from my mistakes and not make the same mistake twice.
8. I will get the batter to swing at bad pitches by staying confident and consistent.
9. I am going to use my best pitch TODAY for my strike pitch.
10. I will pitch to the umpire’s strike zone.
11. I will study, watch and talk with other pitchers.
12. If I am not playing in the game, I will chart and study the hitters.
13. I will accept criticism as a positive aspect, as a way of improving my overall game.
14. I will trust my catcher and work with her to get each batter.
15. I will block out the crowd and focus all my attention on pitching and playing the game.
16. I will be up for every team and not take any team lightly.
17. I will do what is best for my team and lead by example.
Related Pitching Materials
Want to learn more about the mental side of baseball pitching? Arm yourself with the most innovative and up-to-date baseball pitching training available. These related pitching materials from former Chicago Cubs pitching pro Steven Ellis are guaranteed to help you or the players you coach pitch better and reach the next level faster!