By Coach May
What does it take to be a good youth pitcher?
For starters, a good youth baseball pitcher is constantly learning and growing. Youth pitchers in baseball must also work hard to:
- Have good control and pitch strikes.
- Know how to field his position.
- Analyze the hitter's strength and weaknesses.
- Have confidence.
- Keep his body active, especially the legs.
- Form good pitching habits.
- Concentrate: pick out a spot and throw to it.
- Communicate with his catcher. They must understand each other.
- Pitch a ball game. Don't just be a thrower.
- Above all have command, of pitches and of himself.
- Have a clear mind and pitch strikes.
Which of these qualities of good youth baseball pitchers will you work on today?
Related Pitching Materials
Want to learn more about youth baseball pitching? Arm yourself with the most innovative and up-to-date baseball pitching training available. These related pitching materials from former Chicago Cubs pitching pro Steven Ellis are guaranteed to help you or the players you coach pitch better and reach the next level faster!