What does it take to be a good youth pitcher?
For starters, a good youth baseball pitcher is constantly learning and growing. Youth pitchers in baseball must also work hard to:
- Have good control and pitch strikes.
- Know how to field his position.
- Analyze the hitter's strength and weaknesses.
- Have confidence.
- Keep his body active, especially the legs.
- Form good pitching habits.
- Concentrate: pick out a spot and throw to it.
- Communicate with his catcher. They must understand each other.
- Pitch a ball game. Don't just be a thrower.
- Above all have command, of pitches and of himself.
- Have a clear mind and pitch strikes.
Which of these qualities of good youth baseball pitchers will you work on today?
What do you think?
Now it's time to hear from you:
Are there any additional tips that I missed?
Or maybe you have an idea of how I can make this article even better.
Either way, leave a comment and let me know.